- Jesus and his followers redefined the term word of God to mean either the gospel, or Jesus the living gospel.
- He taught his followers a redemptive hermeneutic that saw him as the fulfillment of the Law and the Prophets, the Old Testament.
- Jesus usage of gehenna, translated hell in the KJV, was prophetic aimed at the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple.
- In the new covenant, obedience is the obedience of faith, and it is obeying the gospel which is equal to believing the gospel.
- Transformation comes automatically as the result of believing that God is not counting sin against us, in fact God remembers sin no more. This comes from believing in the gospel.
- The New Testament writings are transitional looking forward to the final judgment of the Jews under the Old Covenant.
- God made Jesus’ enemies his footstool in 70AD with the destruction of the temple and Jerusalem and he vindicated the believing Jews at the same time.
- We have been restored to a twenty-four seven relationship with the Father in the last Adam.
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
If the new heavens and earth are already here what does that mean?
I have used a lot of key stokes this far, a lot of jots and tittle’s so to speak, in showing that evangelical’s should have a paradigm shift in their doctrine and dogma. It should be a much more inclusive doctrine that portrays God as truly love. We need to shake forever the concept of “Sinners in the hands of an angry God,” and instead look to Papa.
Here is what I have shown so far:
How then should we live? We should live in love. First, love for Father God and his glorious grace, and then, love for one another. We should rest in the security of the finished work of Jesus, and encourage each other to trust him, rest in him, and grow in the grace and the knowledge of our loving God, our Lord Jesus Christ.
We should proclaim to the world that God reigns; He has a kingdom, we are all in it, and encourage all to be reconciled to God. If Paul had the ministry of reconciliation in the transition period, how much more do we have the ministry of reconciliation today? We should be reconciling the world in love. This is the way to be the body of Christ. The world needs to be convinced that God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself not counting sin against anyone. That is why he made the one who didn’t even know the concept of sin to be made sin for all of us so that we could be confident that we are the sons and daughters of God.
There is no room for negativity… no room for judgment… no room for greed… no room for condemnation. If our goal is to be pleasing to God we must remember Hebrews 11:6. Our faith in the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ is the only thing that pleases God. He takes pleasure in nothing else.
At the onset of this blog I want to provide a link where you can read Proverbs 7-9 and the lyrics of Hotel California. This is the LINK . Yo...
"The Shack" Movie: 5 Biblical and Theological Reasons William Paul Young is right and two thousand years of orthodoxy is wrong; Part 4March 3rd, my wife and I went to see "The Shack." It was indeed the best movie I have ever seen. It dealt with the MOST difficult ...
Revelation 21:2-3 HCSB "I also saw the Holy City, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared like a bride adorned for ...
The obviously cultural aspects of the scripture; Who would think for a minute, that the first century Roman Empire would be God's model society?When one demands a legal-constitutional reading of the scripture for all time forward, I wonder, does one ever stop to think that the first ...