Monday, February 23, 2015

How Spiral Dynamics may explain why Jesus redefined the phrase "word of God."

I have proven over, and again that Jesus and his first century apostolic followers and writers redefined the phrase word of God from scripture to gospel. Likewise, I have shown over and again that Jesus used a solely redemptive hermeneutic that was then reinforced by the Apostle Paul and all of the first century apostolic writers. I recently was watching a video blog over on presence.tv that adds a lot of credence to the why question. In fact, the three part series on Spiral Dynamics and the biblical narrative goes a long way to explain a lot about why the evangelical church has been so invested in the legal-constitutional use of scripture and has ignored or diminished the redemptive use of scripture. The three part introduction by Doug King is very informative and I recommend that everyone views all three, perhaps more than once... I know that I have.

I don't feel the need to rehash spiral dynamics in this blog post since the series I have recommended does such a good job, providing clarity and insight. I will provide links to each of the video presentations below so that you can watch them for yourself. I would recommend that you take your time and study them. Let me just most basically state that  if you have read the bulk of my blog articles on scripture and eschatology you will surely see that the answer to why theologians have missed this for 1800 plus years, (a title of one of my blog posts from a couple of years back.) As I have written so many posts on this subject one question I have gotten over and over from many people is  as follows; why have theologians missed something so obvious for so long?

I am happy to say that the answer to that question lies in spiral dynamics. In fact, I am quite certain that this understanding will go a long way in bridging the gap between Christianity and Judaism and will likely promote more acceptance of Christ than any one single thing among Jews. It should also help eliminate anti-Semitism. If you are familiar with this blog and have read many of my posts then you will readily see the connection. If you haven't, may I suggest that you go the categories listed on the blog and look at the articles under scripture and eschatology.

Here are the three posts on presence.tv that I recommend you read:

Part One    Part Two   Part Three ....... I challenge you to take some time with this in study and let me know what you think. Don't forget to study the blog posts under scripture and eschatology also!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paul the Mystic, Paul the Rabbi: A confusing dichotomy that is detrimental to the mystical message.

 2Co 12:2-4   "I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or whether out of the body I do not kno...