The Five Reasons:
- God has always wanted to have a personal relationship with humanity from the beginning forward.
- God created humanity the way it is, and in spite of that declared that it was "very good."
- Jesus overthrew the legal-constitutional focus of scripture in favor of seeing it as the redemptive narrative.
- God's ultimate purpose in creation was redemption.
- Humanities pathology results from mortality, and the ability to judge what is right and wrong
That is where Jesus of Nazareth comes into the picture. He, being born of the Father, had perfect faith. While his faith was tempted and tested, he always remained sure of the Father's (Papa's) love for him. He ultimately was so sure of it that he was willing to die, knowing that he was eternal, and the Father would resurrect him. He was able to do that because he had the Father's Spirit as a constant companion. His death overcame death. Death is no longer a threat to humanity... why, because just like the Father resurrected Jesus, he will also resurrect us. He through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus has demonstrated his unstoppable love for humanity. When we accept and believe this good news... we then, get the same Spirit that assured Christ Jesus that he was beloved of the Father.
It is God's love and grace that cures our pathology once for all time. That is precisely what happened for Mack in the book and movie "The Shack." God was in Christ reconciling THE WORLD to himself, not counting their pathology against them. Papa was along side Mack, Jesus was along side Mack, The Holy Spirit was along side Mack as he worked through the pain that evil had perpetrated on him. This shows the real working of the gospel, and how the Holy Spirit supernaturally heals with the gospel.... that is, provided the gospel is properly presented, and believed. Humanity has been reconciled to God. How many realize it?
I am imploring anyone reading this as Paul did.... BE RECONCILED TO GOD!
Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6